Welcome to the Launch of After Yasi, Finding the Smile Within. So wish it was possible to be with you all in person.
I did think about doing a live broadcast, but am not quite that advanced yet. One day. Instead here is the launch program for today and if you like for inspiration and to imagine we are all together in real space visit the video of the launch of the physical book.
Make sure you have your favourite healthy or unhealthy snack with you, and if you can your favourite people, friends, family, or pets.
Now be prepared for a travel through some links and keep this page open so you can see where to go to next.
Do any or all of the 8 activities, listed to participate in the launch. It’s totally up to you what you do, in what order etc.
- Listen to this poem – Breathe
- Visit Mel Irvine’s post and any others in the blog hop and leave a comment Creative Recovery: human responses to natural disaster
- Watch a video story (recommended Operation Angel, Back on Track, Compilation Trailer).
- Visit the instrumental of Angie by Ben and the joint instrumental of Sandon and Ben – Stairway to Heaven [will make this link public later today all our friends can access it now]
- Head over to the live chat (times are later in the post. This is low tech and just type in your comments at the facebook event site under where we begin the chat). If you don’t have facebook post your comments under this blog and me and my family will answer them here.
- Leave comments on any spot in the blog hop for your chance to win a photo print from the book (your choice) or a free copy of the ebook (you can still do this for the next few days).
- Any time today: Share an inspiring memory of the days,week, months, years, after Yasi of something kind you did or something kind someone else did for you (say if you want it considered for inclusion in the smilewithin.blogspot.com website). Do it in your facebook status and or on twitter add the hash tag #afteryasi
- If you feel inspired buy the ebook HERE.
Feel free to scroll back through this week and leave comments as well. And feel free to share this link and invite all you think would love participating.
At following times – pop in and chat. LIVE CHAT AT THIS LINK (or if no facebook under this post)
3 Times below for the live chat beginnings, this is to attempt to cater for Australian, US and UK participants.
3rd of February 11am – 12 midday(Australia, Queensland, Brisbane time)
3rd of February 7.30 pm – 8.30 pm (Australia, Queensland, Brisbane time)
3rd of February 10pm -11pm (Australia, Queensland, Brisbane time)
Please to work out when to be there wherever you are in the World or Australia use this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Suggestions for the online chat:
- How to turn a negative into a positive
- How to become a community grass roots documentary maker or artist
- Affirmation – Acts of compassion and kindness
- The ebook journey
The upside of this approach is that you can complete it at your own pace, any time today, but there are also some times I will be online for a live chat. Some of my family, including my dear hubby will be turning up for these live chats. I’m sure those of you who know David know that he can be hilarious.
Please let me know with a smile icon or short message that you have popped in even if you don’t want to say much and just want to read, watch, listen.
I’ve been posting some thankyou lists, and will do a separate post on that tomorrow just to keep the blog short.
You can also check out
Explore ABC Open’s Aftermath Project
4 thoughts on “Launch of After Yasi”
Reblogged this on After Yasi.
Love the poem Breathe. That’s all I’ve had time to experience so far. Well done June. This is a wonderful project.
Thanks so much Renee. I am hoping to do much more work on audio and filmed poetry this year. Finally got around to putting something together. Great to have met you and many of the other writers of Brisbane.
Reblogged this on Conversations with Creative Souls and commented:
Some more highlights.